We are fast approaching a brand-new year; it’s the time of year when we start thinking about making our list of New Year’s resolutions. You know the one. The one that – if you are like me – you will forget about by mid-January. What if this year, instead of creating another ineffective long list of resolutions, we take a different approach and simply ask and answer two questions:
- What one thing do I want to be different this year?
- What steps will I take to make that one thing happen?
Now, I understand you may be thinking, but I have more than one thing that I want to be different this year. What if we just focus on one? Just one thing. And what if by doing just that one thing this year, everything else became easier or unnecessary?
Take feeling better for example. What if finding root cause resolutions to health issues was your one thing in 2023?
What would fixing the root cause of your health challenges bring you? Would it free you from memory issues, cancer, heart disease, IBS, frequent UTI’s, eczema, PCOS, low energy, vertigo, depression, restless leg syndrome, or some other issue or nagging symptom? Would better health make everything else become easier or unnecessary for you?
Whatever it is that you choose to focus on in 2023, consider committing to achieving extraordinary results with your one thing. In his book “The One Thing”, Gary Keller lists these four action items you should consider to achieve extraordinary results of your one thing.
1. Commit to be your best. Extraordinary results happen only when you give the best you have to your most important one thing. Extraordinary results take time and they take commitment to achieve. You are worth it.
2. Be purposeful about your one thing. Go on a quest to find the answers and the right plan that can help you achieve your one thing. Be open to new thinking, new skills and new relationships. If the path of mastery is a commitment to be your best, being purposeful is a commitment to adopt the best possible approach.
3. Take ownership of your outcome. If extraordinary results are what you want, being a victim won’t work. Change occurs only when you are accountable. Stay out of the passenger seat; always choose the driver’s side.
4. Find an expert to help. You’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone who achieves extraordinary results without a support system or expert help. That’s why I invite you to work with me in 2023. If root cause resolution to better health is your one thing, then I can help.
When you ask yourself the above two questions, I invite you to sit and ponder them for ten to fifteen minutes. Pray about it. Ask God to help you. And when He answers, and He will, write down what you hear. Consider making 2023 a year of restoration. A year of restoring your health. A year of getting to the root causes of your health issues. A year of more energy and feeling your best. Everything else may just become easier and unnecessary.